Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New Owner Looking For Parts

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
nootcheez
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver 4207 Re-engined with Yanmar Diesels in 2013 (was gas 454). Recently purchased.

New Owner Looking For Parts

Postby nootcheez » February 16th, 2022, 8:11 am

Hello all!
Have a 1988 Carver 4207. Beautiful craft but needs some small restoration parts; switch cover plates, galley counter edge trim, shower handheld wall hooks, hardware for covers on bridge overhead, etc. Will look at parts for sale but I’m also looking for a salvage source.
Thanks for any advice!
Kevin
1988 Carver 4207

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: New Owner Looking For Parts

Postby km1125 » February 16th, 2022, 11:08 am

On the switch cover plates: You might be able to find some used ones, but they probably won't be in much better shape than what you have. You might really consider getting some custom ones made. There was a member on here who made his own with the carbon-fiber plates. He even added some backlit labels for all the switches. There are folks who will make them for you too, and that can be with or without switches. That also gives you the option to customize placement a bit or add other things you might like.

nootcheez
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver 4207 Re-engined with Yanmar Diesels in 2013 (was gas 454). Recently purchased.

Postby nootcheez » February 16th, 2022, 11:38 am

I thought of making them from wood. Have the tools necessary to do so. But I thought keeping the cover plates original in the mix with the upgrades would be kind of a resto-mod look. But I may just have to bite the bullet and make them.
Thanks for your advice! :down:
Kevin
1988 Carver 4207

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » February 16th, 2022, 11:51 am

You know I have seen many switch plates in Chandleries and marine supply stores made out of various materials, teak being one of them.......maybe check around if there are any supply stores near you.....even big box designer......good luck...
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » February 16th, 2022, 1:37 pm

Another place to peruse if you haven't been there is greatlakesskipper.com They have a bunch of stuff from various manufacturers, usually past production and overstock. Some of the stuff if pretty good price-wise too. You might not find an exact copy of what you had, but might find something that you like and that will fit the purpose.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » February 16th, 2022, 8:39 pm

Can you post some pics of stuff your looking for?
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

nootcheez
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby nootcheez » February 17th, 2022, 8:51 am

I’ll get some pics up this weekend.
Kevin
1988 Carver 4207

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”