Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Vertrifico Issue?

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 39 Cockpit Motor Yacht

Vertrifico Issue?

Postby tonyiiiafl » May 8th, 2022, 8:10 pm

The Ventrifigo fridge has been awesome! Today when I opened the door, I saw the fridge temp at 40 and freezer at 27. I never saw it like this before, as it has been running at 34 and 8 above. The fan was running, door light came on too. I didn’t have time to stick around and check it in an hour, so I am going back tomorrow afternoon to see if it is back to cold. Perhaps a defrost mode? I am lost about this and also a tad upset as it has been running so so well. The light came on and off. I was able to move the thermostat and the fan would go on and off, so power is not an issue.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Vertrifico Issue?

Postby g36 » May 9th, 2022, 10:05 am

If you'll pull the drip tray out in the top of the fridge you can see it itf needs to be defrosted, thats when i have noticed a increase in temps. Also if the weather is warmig up you may need to turn down the thermostat if its working like it should youll still get your freezer to your 8 and even lower to zero. l bet you just need to turn colder
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby tonyiiiafl » May 9th, 2022, 12:33 pm

I stooped at 3;30 AM on way to work. Freezer at 17, fridge at 34. I wished fridge would be a bit warmer, but I am not complaining as it seems to be back in the game. I will pull drip pan and see what I can see!

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » May 9th, 2022, 12:38 pm

Tony, you can get small fridge thermometers that sit outside the fridge with a sensor inside, they will keep track of your fridge temp highest and lowest, we used them in our lab fridges for compliance. They are not a
bad idea on a boat as you can tell if the power was out and how the fridge is controlling etc while not there.

Check amazon etc there are lots of them.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby tonyiiiafl » May 9th, 2022, 2:35 pm

THANK YOU!

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”