Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 366 Bow thruster OIL

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

sailor
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Carver 366 Bow thruster OIL

Postby sailor » December 3rd, 2015, 12:45 pm

Has anyone confirmed that it is just plain 10/30? I am also in need of some top up for one of ours...

Thanks!

United States of America
Alycone
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2005 Carver 396 MY

Re: Carver 366 Bow thruster OIL

Postby Alycone » September 3rd, 2021, 8:09 pm

Hi there,
I'm Lynn and my husband is Kim. We are new to Carver's and we are working through all of the systems on our boat and just discovered that there is no oil in the bow thruster. And trying to figure out what oil works is a true puzzle. I just found your post and wondering is you have been using the 30W motor oil and if is has been successful? Hope you are well and still boating.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » September 4th, 2021, 9:27 am

Hi have you any info on brand or model of bow thruster you have?
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » September 4th, 2021, 9:34 am

Alycone wrote:Source of the post Hi there,
I'm Lynn and my husband is Kim. We are new to Carver's and we are working through all of the systems on our boat and just discovered that there is no oil in the bow thruster. And trying to figure out what oil works is a true puzzle. I just found your post and wondering is you have been using the 30W motor oil and if is has been successful? Hope you are well and still boating.

I'd wonder where it went. You should probably pressure test it before you fill it. Fairly simple to do, just needs about 5psi (hand pump) and check to see if/where that leaks out. Was there any water in it, or any signs of water in there?

United States of America
Alycone
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2005 Carver 396 MY

Postby Alycone » September 4th, 2021, 9:53 am

As we had just discovered it, we hadn't checked it and it was the end of the day. We will try your recommendation today and get back to you as this is surely a part of the boat we don't want to screw up. Thanks for your response.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » September 4th, 2021, 12:57 pm

Is there any oil in the bilge of that area? It should be the colour of new engine oil.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”