Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Favorite/best parts source?

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
DoubleTrouble71
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 440

Favorite/best parts source?

Postby DoubleTrouble71 » July 27th, 2022, 5:57 pm

Just curious on everyone's favorite parts source or those that are the most reliable, good price etc. Certainly for basic maintenance items (impellers, etc.) but also for other larger items (hopefully not often!)

Thanks in advance!

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Favorite/best parts source?

Postby g36 » July 27th, 2022, 6:10 pm

Amazon.com, defender,great lakes Skipper, ebasic power, hamilton marine, marine parts source, wholesale marine, hodges marine. West marine ( but usually higher prices on stuff.) This is just a few for me.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » July 28th, 2022, 9:38 am

Something I have always done whether it was cars or boats was to patronize a local source.....get to know the parts people there and create a relationship with them over time. After a while you can get discounts and count on them to find good parts and advice with a quick phone call.

Bear in mind this may not work quite the same any more as staff seem to be constantly changing....... :cry:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
ColRon
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”

Postby ColRon » July 29th, 2022, 5:20 pm

I really like Marine Parts source. They have a location near me, so every order I’ve made I have received it the next day without having to pay for next day delivery.
Ron
1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”
Murray, KY

:usa:

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » July 29th, 2022, 7:12 pm

I am not married to any store. My way of shopping is to use the model number or description of the item I want to purchase and scour the web for the best deal. Many times Defender comes up or Amazon, eBay and sometimes the local chandlery has the best deal. Amazon is hard to beat when you need it quick.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”