Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Interior LED light covers.

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
MarxCarver
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: I am joining this because I m in the market for a Carver 53, have a SeaRay now

Interior LED light covers.

Postby MarxCarver » February 6th, 2023, 11:10 am

Interior LED light covers.Have searched high and low and even bought items that looked to fit only to learn that they did not. If anyone knows of a source for these covers please let me know. The original manufacturer seems to be a company named HERA but have yet to locate the size and design that snaps into place over the light. I could not load images here for some reason here is a link in facebook. TIA!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/31258280440

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Interior LED light covers.

Postby bud37 » February 6th, 2023, 11:17 am

Hera lights like that are made from unobtanium.......seriously though they no longer exist.

You could try a search on this forum as there are a number of threads over the past years discussing these lights and the replacements for them. Some of the replacements are quite nice and fit the original openings just fine.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » February 6th, 2023, 11:41 am

Dream lighting are a direct replacement and what I used on Midnight Sun. Not sure if the covers fit on the old Hera style however you are much better off changing the entire fixture as the plastic gets brittle and eventually falls apart on the Hera. These are LED lights by the way, no need to upgrade the bulbs. Just need to cut and splice the wiring.

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Lighting-LED-Ceiling-Light/dp/B0105KS95C/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3V1LTENSNR8LH&keywords=dream+lighting+warm+white&qid=1675701763&s=hi&sprefix=dream+lighting+warm+white%2Ctools%2C101&sr=1-4
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Topic author United States of America
MarxCarver
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: I am joining this because I m in the market for a Carver 53, have a SeaRay now

Postby MarxCarver » February 7th, 2023, 9:28 am

bud37 wrote:Hera lights like that are made from unobtanium.......seriously though they no longer exist.

You could try a search on this forum as there are a number of threads over the past years discussing these lights and the replacements for them. Some of the replacements are quite nice and fit the original openings just fine.

Thanks!

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”