Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1993 300 Sedan forward window frame replacement

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Dusty Bilges
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 300 Sedan

1993 300 Sedan forward window frame replacement

Postby Dusty Bilges » May 21st, 2023, 1:19 pm

It appears to me that the forward window frames (and possibly the forward parts of the side windows) are made of wood and are deteriorated to the point of needing replacing or rebuilding. Anyone else come upon this phenomenon? Anyone ever replaced the wood framing? I surely could use a few pointers. Is this something a good carpenter can handle as there are no boat builders or fiberglass boat repairers where the boat is.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 1993 300 Sedan forward window frame replacement

Postby km1125 » May 21st, 2023, 2:39 pm

Post up some pics. With that vintage of a boat, I'd be surprised if the frames were actually wood. There might be wood trim on both sides, but I'd think the actual framing would be aluminum.

Topic author United States of America
Dusty Bilges
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 300 Sedan

Re: 1993 300 Sedan forward window frame replacement

Postby Dusty Bilges » May 29th, 2023, 12:22 pm

You're right. It's wood trim on the side that has turned to powder. Next time I get up to the boat (300 miles away), I'll post pics. THanks for the reply

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”