Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Voyager 370

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author Canada
Ram
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Voyager 370

Postby Ram » July 10th, 2023, 4:30 pm

Hi all
I looked at a 1994 voyager 370 with Cummins boat is not bad but when I looked at the service possibilities for the engines I couldn’t figure out how to gain good access. Do u have to remove the kitchen and the whole table assembly for routine maintenance? Is it generally difficult to have good engine access in this model? Your expertise would be greatly appreciated. Thx

United States of America
Hold'n On II
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: New to us 1996 370 Voyager

Re: Voyager 370

Postby Hold'n On II » July 12th, 2023, 11:40 pm

On our '96 370 Voyager with twin 454's there are 2 access hatches between the seat bases and the table stanchion. In the bottom of each compartment there is an additional access hatch that will allow you to reach the top front and to top rear of the engine albeit much of what I've needed to reach has been difficult at best. If you need to reach the outboard side of the engine, your only choice is to wiggle yourself around the front of the engine (a little yoga and a bit of stretching before hand is helpful) ;-)

Port access is much better, but you still have to contort yourself around the front of the engines to reach the outboard side.

Topic author Canada
Ram
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Ram » July 13th, 2023, 12:28 am

Thanks for the info can u remove panels or dinette to get better access I am sure the boat I am looking at will require the heat exchangers to be serviced at the very least and I am concerned this will be extremely difficult?

United States of America
Hold'n On II
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: New to us 1996 370 Voyager

Postby Hold'n On II » July 18th, 2023, 10:30 pm

You can remover the dinette table leg/stanchion so you don't have to crouch under the table, but there are basically 2 floors between the dinette seat bases. The upper one can be removed but the lower is integral to the salon floor, but I'm sure it could be cut to remove an engine.

I don't know about the diesels, but I can access the heat exchangers on my gas engines pretty easily through the existing access hatches.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » July 20th, 2023, 10:29 am

Does the model you are considering have the galley forward or rear Stbd.....
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author Canada
Ram
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Ram » July 24th, 2023, 10:25 pm

Forward

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”