Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Stern Thruster Repiars

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Endymion
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2006 Voyager 560

Stern Thruster Repiars

Postby Endymion » July 24th, 2023, 2:14 pm

I own a 2006 V56 and am trying to repair my stern thruster. The thruster quit suddenly last summer in the Spring I had it inspected by a marina and was told that I had stripped a leg gear. Told $6,000 for a new gear and 16 weeks to have it machined. I believe the unit is a Sleipner Sidepower thruster but I am having difficulty finding anyone who knows for sure what the unit is and how to repair it. I'm told I have to scrap the entire system and go brand new. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Stern Thruster Repiars

Postby Viper » July 24th, 2023, 7:53 pm

Welcome aboard. I suspect you may have QL thrusters but if you indeed have Sidepower units, then contact Imtra. They'll want to know which model you have but they will be able to let you know what you need. The model should be labeled on the thruster itself. If you indeed have QL (Volvo) thrusters, there is very little left on the market in terms of replacement parts, certainly nothing available from Volvo for years now.

United States of America
Sgodfrey
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 450 Voyager

Postby Sgodfrey » July 24th, 2023, 8:00 pm

If you have QL These company is making parts

http://www.thrusterparts.com/

Not sure if anyone has had success. When my QL failed on a 2000 voyager I decided to replace.

Topic author United States of America
Endymion
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2006 Voyager 560

Postby Endymion » July 26th, 2023, 1:14 pm

Thank you for your input, it's much appreciated!

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”