Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

carpet wet spots

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
kb1330
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver 3607

carpet wet spots

Postby kb1330 » May 15th, 2014, 1:09 pm

on my 3607 I found my carpet in the aft stateroom closet soaked but I cant find a hatch for that area. Any thoughts on what could be leaking and how to get to it? Thanks,

eric_b
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver 3227 Convertible

Re: carpet wet spots

Postby eric_b » May 16th, 2014, 3:20 pm

kb1330 wrote:on my 3607 I found my carpet in the aft stateroom closet soaked but I cant find a hatch for that area. Any thoughts on what could be leaking and how to get to it? Thanks,

Has the air conditioner been running? It could be a leak from it.
1986 Carver 3227 Convertible

Jimmyb73
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 3807 Aft cabin

Postby Jimmyb73 » May 24th, 2014, 8:43 pm

I agree with Eric. I had the same problem with aft cabin wet carpet. It was tracked down to plugged condensation pan under aft AC unit. Quick fix with a wet vac.

paddleclimb
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver 3607, twin Crusader 350

Postby paddleclimb » October 25th, 2017, 11:52 am

My fresh holding tanks have begun to leak when full, causes the carpet in the aft stateroom to get wet.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » October 25th, 2017, 1:14 pm

paddleclimb wrote:Source of the post My fresh holding tanks have begun to leak when full, causes the carpet in the aft stateroom to get wet.

Take pictures when you dig into this. I'm curious what is failing in the tank. I have the same model and I was going to replace the waste tank next year, but I'm wondering if I might have to do the potable ones too.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”