Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

My trailer situation

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
Lake Erie Monster
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

My trailer situation

Postby Lake Erie Monster » May 20th, 2014, 11:00 pm

Ok so the good news is i have both engines running great. the bad news is the boat is on an unacceptable trailer, the trailer isn's bad per say but its just too small for my boat to be taken on the road. and it is balanced way too much on the back. the boat hauler refused to tow it for me (and rightly so) but told me i had to get it on stands and he could come get it with his hydrolic trailer. so my question is how do i get it on stands or blocks.
Adam and Shannon
28' Mariner twin 302's

"My other vessel is a Klingon Bird of Prey"

eric_b
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver 3227 Convertible

Re: My trailer situation

Postby eric_b » May 21st, 2014, 11:43 am

If it is at your home or not at a boat yard, then a crane of some sort would work. If at a boatyard/marina they could lift it off with a travel lift. Yes I know there is an expense to this, but given the weight of the boat, I am not sure what other options exist.
1986 Carver 3227 Convertible

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage15
1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glasspar / 1967 Johnson Electromatic 85
1996 Boston Whaler Rage 15

Re: My trailer situation

Postby waybomb » May 21st, 2014, 1:16 pm

I've never seen it done, but I've heard of people using multiple jack stands and jacks under the keel. Set the stands so when the boat is lifted, the trailer could be moved forward, even a little bit. And then keep doing it until the trailer is out.
Thanks
Fred
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572 ci
1995 Boston Whaler Rage
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”