Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

hynautic /Seastar hyd fluid alternative H-50 HELM replacement

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author Canada
Kart113
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver 3207 " Switching To Glide " Merc 260's Velvet drives 1500 hrs (Just purchased 03/2023 !)
1989 Bayliner 2455 " Riley B " Merc 5.0 lx alpha 1 550 hrs ( 2017 - present )
1979 Bayliner Skagit 2275 "Miss Chelsea" ( RIP crushed at dock by rouge sailboat )

hynautic /Seastar hyd fluid alternative H-50 HELM replacement

Postby Kart113 » November 30th, 2023, 9:47 pm

Greetings all my h-50 flybridge helm was developing a leak after 36 years lol . Upon teardown and inspection rust was noted on the shims and bearing so no rebuild at home possible. Seastar ( Teleflex mfg facility located 70 miles away from me in Ontario Canada ) helm hh5273-3 was needed ,best possible price in Canada was 971.00 no installation kit 1230.00 for full kit
seastar hyd fluid 52 $ cdn litre (almost a quart in US ) . Found a showroom open box helm unit ( Ebay ) for 459 US mount kit for 80 Us plug 16 Us , so even with nasty 33% exchange rate I was way ahead. Fluid flush of whole system needs about 3 quarts ,so 156.00$ cdn to pitch our most of it . Reservoir stated Aeroshell 41 Mil spec 5606 is recommended, Aircraft Spruce Canada sells for 18.36 quart 2 day delivery . Check amazon !! a little research can save major bucks.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”