Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Voyager 450 Convection Microwave Removal

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author Canada
Rams
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Voyager 450

Voyager 450 Convection Microwave Removal

Postby Rams » March 22nd, 2024, 1:21 pm

I have a 2001 Voyager 450. Does anyone know how to remove the original convection microwave? It does not simply pull out and I can’t see any obvious screws….would really appreciate some guidance….thanks

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Voyager 450 Convection Microwave Removal

Postby bud37 » March 22nd, 2024, 1:28 pm

Welcome to the forum.......if that is an original look under the cabinet where it is. Mine was screwed from underneath to a board attached to the inside of the cabinet. Screws were behind/ under such things as the window blinds. Quite inventive, just get a real bright light and take a real good look around......oh had to remove front cabinet fascia, that was the easy part.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author Canada
Rams
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Rams » March 23rd, 2024, 3:30 am

Thanks for the welcome and reply. Not really sure how to look underneath it as it kind of backs into the closet area that is down below next to the guest bathroom. The closet area is lined with kind of a headliner type material. I can see the board which you mention that the microwave is attached to. Will have to also look more closely on how to get the front wood fascia off that you were mentioning…don’t want to pull on it too hard and have it break or tear the backing it is attached to…There are no window coverings close to the underside of where the microwave sits….

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » March 23rd, 2024, 7:45 am

Yep, mine was a different model than yours but they follow the same sort of procedures to mount things. That board on mine was screwed from underneath up, then once removed, the board was attached to the micro feet from under again..... now yours may be on the inside down, my guess would be the fascia will have to come off to get the micro out anyway, does that seem to be the case ?
Hopefully someone with the exact model will chime in. The wood fascia on my model just pulled off, was mounted with some sort of spring clips.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author Canada
Rams
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Rams » March 27th, 2024, 1:49 am

Thanks…got it done today. The key like you said was to get the fascia off (4 screws), then found the board to be screwed top down at the front (2 screws). Then the board and micro slid out. Thanks for the help/suggestions….

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » March 27th, 2024, 10:01 am

Glad to help, thanks for posting the resolution...... :down:

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”