Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Water draining from sundeck roof

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
bobfino
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2005 Carver 396

Water draining from sundeck roof

Postby bobfino » June 16th, 2014, 9:26 am

Good morning, Had a great weekend here in Virginia Beach for boating. But like most weekend always find something to do. I have a 2005 model 396 new to me about 2 months now and really like the boat. I have been noticing that after a heavy rain brown rusty water is draining from the hard top (over the aft sun deck) through the small white nylon inserts in each of the rear corners. I have to believe these were meant to be air vents and not drains because why would you want water inside the hard top. Just thought I would check and see if anybody else out there has had this problem and where it might be entering from. It sure makes a mess when it drains down the side of the boat. Thanks Bob

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Re: Water draining from sundeck roof

Postby Lyndon670 » June 16th, 2014, 11:40 pm

I believe that if you go up onto the hardtop you will see 4 u-bolts (1 in each corner) which are used to lower the hardtop (by lifting apparatus at the factory) onto its supports over the aft deck. These u-bolts are supposed to be stainless but I have seen the washers be regular washers - which rust of course.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”