Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Replacement OEM canvas

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
Rhubbell
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 355 ACMY 454 XLi Crusaders

Replacement OEM canvas

Postby Rhubbell » August 25th, 2014, 4:46 am

Hello fellow carver owners, I recently bought a1997 355 MY and am looking for an OEM replacement bridge and aft enclosure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have already contacted brian at carver, they no longer have patterns.

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Re: Replacement OEM canvas

Postby Lyndon670 » August 25th, 2014, 12:35 pm

Why OEM?

Best bet is to ask around and find the most widely used marine canvass upholstery provider and go with them. They will be much cheaper than OEM if you were able to buy OEM still, and will be able to offer you better materials than what was available back then, BUT the bonus is - they may be able to offer you things that Carver didn't offer new - like built in screens, opposing smiles, hidden supports, etc.

When you are getting your aft enclosure, ask them about a rain extension. They can add a separate piece that extends 1-2 feet aft of your stern allowing you to have the aft canvass rolled up. My buddy has one on his 453 and it's brilliant. If my 506 didn't have the full fiberglass enclosure, that would be my choice.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”