Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Correct props???

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
Cheers
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1987 Carver 4227

Correct props???

Postby Cheers » September 6th, 2014, 8:44 pm

We have a 1987 Carver 4227, twin 454 with 2:91:1 gear reduction. It currently has 24 X 22 props and I'm wondering if these are fresh or salt water application, boat resides at Lake Superior. Cruises nice at 10/12 Knots and I'm getting 26 at WOT, does this sound about right for this boat??

United States of America
CYO Admin
CYO Administrator
CYO Administrator

Re: Correct props???

Postby CYO Admin » September 7th, 2014, 7:39 am

You should be looking at RPMs. What are the motors rated at, and are you achieving that at WOT?

Topic author
Cheers
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1987 Carver 4227

Postby Cheers » September 7th, 2014, 8:07 am

We are seeing 3900-4000 at WOT, according to the documents I have the max is 4500.

United States of America
CYO Admin
CYO Administrator
CYO Administrator

Postby CYO Admin » September 7th, 2014, 10:30 am

The first thing I would do is verify that your tachs are accurate. Analog tach are notoriously inaccurate.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”