Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 27 Santego (1987) Winterization Cover

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author Canada
PhotoHog
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 444 Extended Salon (purchased late 2021)
Cummins 370s
Freshwater - for now.

Carver 27 Santego (1987) Winterization Cover

Postby PhotoHog » October 10th, 2014, 8:59 am

Hey fellow Carver owners

Our first season with our Carver 27 Santego has come to an end - sadly. We got the boat in July and have been enjoying it immensely. Now it's time to winterize. My mechanic is taking care of the engines, I will do the plumbing. I am looking for suggestions for winter covering. Our Yacht Club only has outdoor storage and I am looking at a tarp covering that would allow me to still access the boat during the winter to do some tinkering...

I was thinking of installing a ridge along the centre line - most likely a 2x4 supported with a stand on the bow, a centre support on the fly bridge and a third support on the back deck. Then use 1" pvc piping for the ribs. I would drill holes in the ridge board, and then bend the pvc down to the gunnels. Then a tarp over the whole boat. Just wondering if this makes sense? My biggest concern is protecting the flybridge area mainly from raccoons. Any suggestions?

United States of America
coverguy
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: looking

Re: Carver 27 Santego (1987) Winterization Cover

Postby coverguy » May 12th, 2016, 8:19 am

where are you located?
Darren Fitzgerald
856-857-7475
darren@pmwinterboatcovers.com

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”