Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Put New Spark In Your Lovelife

GAS engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author
After Taxes
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 'After Taxes'
2004 Carver Mariner 360
Lake Simcoe & Georgian Bay,
Ontario, Canada

Put New Spark In Your Lovelife

Postby After Taxes » May 30th, 2015, 7:48 pm

My love affair seemed to be going ok, and she started whenever I asked, but I thought I'd check on the spark that keeps us going. The specs on the Mercruiser 6.2 call for AC spark plugs, #41-932. I haven't had her since new, but with the hours and look of the plugs, I'm guessing these are factory originals.

I plan to love this gal for a few years, so I figured I'd treat her to shiny new sparklers. Gals go crazy for shiny stuff. The 41-932 which I believe were Platinum, are no longer available. The replacement is AC 41-993 Iridium. They were readily available at my local auto parts shop for $9.00 a piece. I think that's expensive, but these are the ones in new cars that go 160,000 km before replacement. They are not supposed to easily foul. I'm trusting that my fuel mileage will be somewhat improved, if not optimum.

I only put in four today, saving the others for another day. Fun reaching up the starboard side of the stbd engine, because I sure couldn't see the plugs. BBQ Dinner got in the way.

4 down. 12 to go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2004 Carver Mariner 360
MerCruiser MX 6.2
Lake Simcoe, Ontario

United States of America
CYO Admin
CYO Administrator
CYO Administrator

Re: Put New Spark In Your Lovelife

Postby CYO Admin » May 31st, 2015, 7:00 am

The title of this thread made me a little nervous :captain2:

Topic author
After Taxes
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 'After Taxes'
2004 Carver Mariner 360
Lake Simcoe & Georgian Bay,
Ontario, Canada

Postby After Taxes » June 9th, 2015, 12:41 pm

Dear Admin.
I will never knowingly post questionable/objectionable material.
Thanks,
Steve
2004 Carver Mariner 360
MerCruiser MX 6.2
Lake Simcoe, Ontario

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Postby Lyndon670 » June 24th, 2015, 2:51 pm

Steve,

The threads and shoulder on the new one look like they might thread in further than the originals. Back in my automotive days we had an issue with Champion plugs doing the same thing. You might want to check how far in those plugs thread....
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Return to “Gas Engines/Transmissions”