Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Engine Monitoring Displays

GAS engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author United States of America
DanM
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Carver 396

Engine Monitoring Displays

Postby DanM » June 15th, 2016, 2:48 pm

My engines are Volvo Penta 8.1GIL-E. I want to capture the engine data from them, in particularly fuel burn. These motors are equipped to output this information. Has anyone connected the output to their Raymarine chart plotter or installed one or two of the Volvo Penta displays (2.5", 4", 4" Color, or 7")?

I'm very comfortable with doing the work but would like to hear from someone who has done it or contracted to have it done. Volvo Penta unfortunately does not share any information with end users and I am having no luck thus far getting a call back from V-P dealers in my area. Very happy with the motors, no so much with V-P's unwillingness to share information about their aftermarket products.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan

Carver 396
SugarSand Tango

Return to “Gas Engines/Transmissions”