Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

PleasureCraft 351 Replacement Dipstick and tube

GAS engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author
Mariner04008
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1977 Mariner 2896

PleasureCraft 351 Replacement Dipstick and tube

Postby Mariner04008 » January 29th, 2017, 9:24 pm

Hi guys! Last season I noticed a crack in my port dipstick tube. I tried to fix it but made things worse. Long story short I ended up brazing the dipstick in the tube and had to unbolt the tube each outing to check motor oil.

I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere. This is a 1977 351 with Middle risers if that is any help.

Can I use any aftermarket Ford dipstick?

Thanks in advance

Topic author
Mariner04008
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Re: PleasureCraft 351 Replacement Dipstick and tube

Postby Mariner04008 » January 29th, 2017, 10:19 pm

I try to help myself and ran across this site http://www.marinepartsexpress.com/PCM_Schematics/viewer.php?pdf=http://www.marinepartsexpress.com/PCM_Schematics/PCM-Ford.PDF&breadcrumb=Pleasurecraft+Marine+Schematics&name=PCM-Ford.PDF

All dipstick tubes have threads to the pan but mine is smooth. Going to look at boat tomorrow and see if I am missing something. I have the dipstick removed but there may be more parts attached at the engine.

Seems r041034 is the part number for the tube that mounts to the riser. Which is no longer available. Think it is time to go check out copper tubing and see if I can make one unless there are better options/
Last edited by Mariner04008 on January 29th, 2017, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » January 29th, 2017, 10:54 pm

Did you try looking for a new tube assembly for a 1977 ford f150 with a 351? Most of these have a taper fit, not a threaded fit. Good chance it is the same.

Topic author
Mariner04008
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Mariner04008 » January 29th, 2017, 11:11 pm

I am looking on summit now. going to order a couple and see what will work. thanks for the tip most taper fit enter in the timing cover

driving me crazy going to go look at boat now.

And it does go into the oil pan with threads, Must have been broken for a while as bot of them just pull out

Return to “Gas Engines/Transmissions”