Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

How to select fuel sending unit?

GAS engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: How to select fuel sending unit?

Postby Viper » May 31st, 2020, 8:22 am

Sounds like a poor connection somewhere. Make sure all your connections are tight and clean. Some are daisy chained from one gauge to the other so a loose connection could affect a few gauges. Check to see if there are main harness plugs, if there are, split the plugs and make sure the pins aren't corroded or partially pulled out.

United States of America
ColRon
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”

Postby ColRon » May 31st, 2020, 10:15 am

I agree with Viper. Start tracing and checking your wiring, be patient and take your time. In the end you may not only fix your fuel and tach problem but others that haven’t shown themselves along the way.
Ron
1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”
Murray, KY

:usa:

United States of America
jrafaello
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1987 Carver Santa Cruz 2667 Mercruiser 260

Postby jrafaello » May 31st, 2020, 12:58 pm

I checked everything and it all seems to be working. Shorting it sends the needle past full, as does removing the ground wire. So I guess I just need to cruise for a while and see if it moves.

Return to “Gas Engines/Transmissions”