Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Unidentified Hoses

GAS engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405
"Change In Latitude"
Home port - Charleston, South Carolina

Re: Unidentified Hoses

Postby Wayne162 » May 18th, 2019, 10:31 am

I did not know this,
I will have to look, thanks.
:usa:

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » May 18th, 2019, 10:52 am

I have raw water cooled Crusader 454s with lines going to the water heater. When winterizing, I'll disconnect these from the engine and blow air through the lines going to the water heater to empty them, then pour in a small amount of polypropylene in case there's any water in low spots. Then, I'll put a loop (short hose) on the engine side where these had been connected so that I can winterize the engines.

Perhaps someone did this at some time on the boat but never "recommissioned" and hooked them up properly in the spring.

You could do a pressure test on the lines going back to the water heater. Just connect some adapters and put in ~20PSI and see if it holds. If it does, you can reconnect back to the engine so you always have that engine supplying your water heater while underway.

EDIT... actually, if these hoses are still hooked up the the water heater and you're already pressurized your potable water and there's no water coming out of these hoses, then I'd say the integrity of the system is still intact and I'd just hook them back up to the engine.

Topic author United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405
"Change In Latitude"
Home port - Charleston, South Carolina

Postby Wayne162 » May 18th, 2019, 12:25 pm

I've run my dock water and pressurized tank water for the last three years with no issues. Never noticed them tucked back behind the engine even when I replaced the risers. Will require further inspection. Thanks to all.

:usa:

Return to “Gas Engines/Transmissions”