Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Port engine access 2004 360 Sedan (8.1 Crusaders)

GAS engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author United States of America
Homelite
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 360 Sedan

Port engine access 2004 360 Sedan (8.1 Crusaders)

Postby Homelite » March 23rd, 2020, 7:51 am

Hello. I need some advise from someone that is familiar with the 2004 360 (8.1L Crusaders) sedan with access to the top of the port engine. I need to pull the fuel rail and am wondering if/how to pull the floor up to gain access. The refrigerator and wall cabinet are there as well as the galley floor. How/can they be pulled up and removed?

Thanks in advance if anyone has tackled access on the top of this engine on this model.

Scott in York PA.

Canada
pepmyster
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
8.1 Volvo Penta
Fresh water boating

Re: Port engine access 2004 360 Sedan (8.1 Crusaders)

Postby pepmyster » March 27th, 2020, 3:49 pm

Hi Scott. I did all the tune-ups on my 8.1Vp on the same boat. I would not try to remove the flooring, unless there is no way to get your part out. I understand the hardship of working on that side of the engine. The chrome molding that is curved comes off very well, only screwed. Look underneath to see where the floor is separated from the rest. good luck. Take your time.

Return to “Gas Engines/Transmissions”