Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

carver 3207 fuel sending unit

GAS engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author United States of America
ataylor233
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

carver 3207 fuel sending unit

Postby ataylor233 » April 5th, 2020, 10:31 am

i know there are soooooooo many options here does anyone know of a more direct replacement for the stock medallion instruments b-1321... if not How deep is the Tank so i can find one that will work better?

United States of America
SplashyLady
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: Carver 3227 Sedan Convertible
1986 - 260 Mercruisers - Kohler 5E

Re: carver 3207 fuel sending unit

Postby SplashyLady » April 6th, 2020, 3:00 pm

Moehler makes one that is adjustable for tanks from 4" to 28": Moeller Marine Products, Fuel Tank Sending Units, 4 to 28 Inch Tanks

Captain John
Past Commodore, Peninsula Yacht Club
Lake Norman, NC
Carver 3227 - "Splashy Lady"
Aquasport 222CCP - "Gone Fission"

United States of America
RobGunn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1990 Carver 3607 Aft Cabin
"FINALLY"

Re: carver 3207 fuel sending unit

Postby RobGunn » April 7th, 2020, 9:51 am

I haven't trusted my fuel gauge in either tank sense I owned my 3607. The most accurate and cheapest gauge that I have found is a 1/4" x 3' wood dowel rod that you can get at any hardware store for $2. I simply run it down into the tank via a access hole found on the top of the tank and then visually see the level. Basically just like the oil dip-stick on the engine. Just have to be sure to put the plug back into the access hole.

Return to “Gas Engines/Transmissions”