Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Generator blew a hole through Venalift muffler.

GAS engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author United States of America
bvcllc
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver 4207 42 Ft. Two 350 HP Crusaders.

Re: Generator blew a hole through Venalift muffler.

Postby bvcllc » April 21st, 2020, 5:47 pm

Hi Guys,

Bingo! She's running smoothly. Hans with Midnight Sun suggested the belts may need tightening, so when I got back today I tightened them. Bingo! However, she's probably in need of a tune up, timing and compression check anyhow. Also a little fuel in the water from the exhaust. Not sure if that's par for these old gas guzzlers?

Thanks again everyone. All of you have been a great help.

Be safe.

Ron

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » April 21st, 2020, 5:53 pm

Do not expect it to run well with 3 1/2 year old gas. The carb must be gummed up to a certain extent after this much time. My first question is have you done something about the old gas?
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Topic author United States of America
bvcllc
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver 4207 42 Ft. Two 350 HP Crusaders.

Postby bvcllc » May 8th, 2020, 8:02 am

I just know it's an IQ test (I flunked) but I cannot fine where to post a new question. However, this is along the lines of my old one. I tightened the belts and everything went well but now I've got carburator problems ( as some of you suggested I might have). A mechanic pulled it and said the diaphragm was leaking/flooding and I need a carb kit, which he could not find for a Westebeke 4 cylinder gasoline generator 11KW (1987-88).

However, when the carb was pulled it turned out to be a Weber/Holley 34R-1523 B 32 IBA 20 250 based upon numbers on side of carb. Weber Holley 34R-1523 B seems to be the controlling part number. Anyone have any idea where I can get a kit for this?

Return to “Gas Engines/Transmissions”