Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

V drive light on

GAS engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

United States of America
ColRon
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”

Re: V drive light on

Postby ColRon » April 25th, 2022, 4:47 pm

Firstclass, I would check to see if you have loose connection. It shouldn’t blink. It should be either on or off above 1200 rpm. Could also be a bad pressure switch.
Ron
1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”
Murray, KY

:usa:

Germany
Firstclass
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Firstclass » May 23rd, 2022, 7:08 am

Hey there,
I'm currently changing my v drive oil. But I'm a bit wondering about the oil amount I have to fill in.

My boat comes with a manual for Walter V Drives. Still I cannot identify if it's a RV10D or RV20D... any clue?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
KandJ72
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: '76 Carver Mariner 3395
Twin 351W Vdrives
Refit in process

Postby KandJ72 » May 31st, 2022, 10:28 am

Firstclass,
Is the light a constant blinking/flashing or somewhat random? If it's random it could be a bad contact on the bulb itself, I found that issue with my '76. At idle while docking Port side would stay steady and Starboard would flicker and flash and then at times not come on at all. I tried swapping pressure switches, no change, tested with manual pressure gauge, all good, finally found the one bulb socket was just loose!!! :lol:

United States of America
KandJ72
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: '76 Carver Mariner 3395
Twin 351W Vdrives
Refit in process

Postby KandJ72 » June 6th, 2022, 12:19 pm

Firstclass,
Here is a link to the service manual for Walter V drives. I was only able to skim it quick yet it might help in identifying which unit you have. I did see the fluid difference is 1 pint or 2 pints, If you cant figure out which it is I'd say add just 1 pint 1st and check level. Then add only if it seems very low at that point. Hope this helps.

http://www.svsarah.com/Sarah/Manuals/Me ... -Drive.pdf

Sweden
Torsson
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 28 Voyager 1988 Twin 350 Crusaders

Postby Torsson » July 18th, 2022, 5:01 pm

Firstclass wrote:Source of the post Hey there,

Is there a difference between the v-drive light staying on or blinking? Mine is blinking continuously while driving above 1200 rpm

It should not do that. If you wan't help start a own thread about it and you will get help

Did miss the second page and ppl are helping you. sorry

Return to “Gas Engines/Transmissions”