Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

33ss 8.1 crusader engines fluctuating rpms HELP

GAS engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 33ss 8.1 crusader engines fluctuating rpms HELP

Postby bud37 » October 22nd, 2022, 1:29 pm

This is exactly why I pointed it out in the first place.

When flow is restricted too much with one method or another you can lean out an engine. This end result needs to be considered .......the tank problem info is very interesting and good stuff, that would explain many issues that crop up with these certain years.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » October 22nd, 2022, 10:41 pm

km1125 wrote:Source of the post If too much restriction might be a concern with very fine filters, you could always run a couple in parallel to cut the restriction in half (approximately)......
While the element will introduce some restriction, it's all the other hardware involved that's a concern as well. Fittings reduce IDs, elbows are bad, and assembly itself contributes to the problem. That's why it's recommended that the fewer fittings and accessories in the suction side the better. To avoid the issue, you're better off with an in-line filter on the pressure side.

United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 356 aft cabin

Postby cpoint » October 24th, 2022, 1:25 pm

Viper wrote:Source of the post Ya you have to be careful when you start introducing more hardware into the suction side of the fuel supply circuit. That includes everything from fittings, hose, monitoring accessories, filters, etc. The last thing you want to do is introduce more restrictions which will increase vacuum and cause vapor lock issues too. I'm sure the tech is aware of that (fingers crossed), and that it's something that needs to be monitored after the install, especially on hot days that will raise the temps in the engine bay making the problem even worse. It all adds up.

Hey cp, glad to see you back man, it's been a while. Thought you sold or something without saying good-bye!

Viper, Thanks :). Been busy and we kind of dropped the ball since pandemic, got a new grand daughter, which took the weekends, not complaining :) Anyway, don't worry I will post more of problems, but I did learn quiet a bid from those beginning days. Maybe I can contribute to some others problems with my solutions in the future. I do want to say this is the greatest forum. You guys always provided the best information and ideas.
Last edited by cpoint on October 24th, 2022, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » October 24th, 2022, 1:36 pm

DELETE
Last edited by cpoint on October 24th, 2022, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » October 24th, 2022, 1:38 pm

DELETE
Last edited by cpoint on October 24th, 2022, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » October 24th, 2022, 1:43 pm

DELETE

Return to “Gas Engines/Transmissions”