Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

454 Gen 4 lifting ring

GAS engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author United States of America
Petemait
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1983 Carver Riviera

454 Gen 4 lifting ring

Postby Petemait » May 7th, 2022, 9:46 am

I am taking out my generation for generation for crusader 4 54 to be rebuilt.. One of the lifting rings is missing. The existing ring is installed on the starboard side of the engine towards the Stern. Does anyone know if the other ring should be installed at the opposite side of the engine so port side towards the bow?
In the attached picture you can see the existing ring and you can see where I took a bolt out to go size it next to the number one cylinder. Does anything know if this is the correct location for the ring? Had trouble finding information on it, online.
Thank you in advance
Looks like the picture isn't going to upload. The existing one is next to the number 8 cylinder starboard sternmost cylinder. Port bow most cylinder is number 1. Any help is much appreciated
Pete

1983 Riviera 2807

Boston, MA

Return to “Gas Engines/Transmissions”