Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1997 325 engine replacement

GAS engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author United States of America
gwhynot
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 325 Aft Cabin

1997 325 engine replacement

Postby gwhynot » September 27th, 2022, 6:55 am

Morning all,
My port engine has a rod knock and needs to be replaced, anyone have any experience or any tricks on the removal and the installation of the new long block? Is the rear window removable so I can use a beam and a forklift? the sliding door opening is just to small and I still need to get the block from the door to the port side bilge.
any help will be greatly appreciated

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: 1997 325 engine replacement

Postby Viper » September 27th, 2022, 7:18 am

If it's the model I'm thinking of, you should be able to remove the door and the other glass panel next to it. I vaguely remember having to remove the hand railing on the stairs but can't remember if it was that particular model or not. Take a close look at the door, if that whole area is glass like a patio door, the sections should be removable. I can't recall if the side windows are high enough to accommodate a block, lifting beam, chain, etc.

Topic author United States of America
gwhynot
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 325 Aft Cabin

Re: 1997 325 engine replacement

Postby gwhynot » September 29th, 2022, 6:07 am

thank you yes the back is glass panel just hoping after 20+ years it comes out without breaking

Return to “Gas Engines/Transmissions”