Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Need Starboard Starter ID 1993 Carver Mariner 330

GAS engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author United States of America
LuckyRuby330
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1993 Carver Mariner 330

Need Starboard Starter ID 1993 Carver Mariner 330

Postby LuckyRuby330 » January 16th, 2023, 8:45 pm

Greetings,

I have a 1993 Mariner 330 with twin Crusaders 350XL/305CI My starboard starter motor failed. I have been trying to find a replacement, however the starter I have has no markings on it. None on the port starter motor either. Part suppliers stating they obviously need this. When I give them the serial #on the motor 91749 They state that is no help either. Anyone have a starter with a brand name or part # etc. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Need Starboard Starter ID 1993 Carver Mariner 330

Postby bud37 » January 18th, 2023, 2:33 pm

Welcome to the forum.....are you going to a marine supplier?....these starters are marine specific and have spark protection.....auto suppliers may not be able to cross them.

You can google Crusader parts and input your year and serial to get parts blowups etc...

A rebuilder can redo them so long as they know they are marine and what they need to do so they are safe when rebuilt....they should be able to handle that.....good luck....nice pics by the way.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Re: Need Starboard Starter ID 1993 Carver Mariner 330

Postby Cooler » February 2nd, 2023, 1:46 pm

Lucky - did you solve this issue yet? I have a 330 with 350XL Crusaders. If you still need info, I can look at my engines to check for part number. Or, you can call Crusader at 810-264-1200. You may need to go through factory authorized location. In your state that would be Jerry's Marine in Ft Lauderdale, 305-525-0311, or Maestry Engine Center in St Petesburg, 813-522-9471. Good luck! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Return to “Gas Engines/Transmissions”