Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

530 Volvo D-12 Port engine won’t reverse

DIESEL engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

United States of America
Alaska 530 Voyager
First Mate
First Mate

Re: 530 Volvo D-12 Port engine won’t reverse

Postby Alaska 530 Voyager » March 17th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Sorry for the delayed response. Those coil packs are available through ZF but they are proud of them. The Valve cartrige as well. I'd get the part number from ZF on the coil pack and then shop around. Glad you have it figured out. Dave

Topic author United States of America
kkochner
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse

Postby kkochner » March 17th, 2019, 6:34 pm

I just pushed in and turned the red pin and it activated the reverse then I pushed in and turned it back and it disengaged the reverse. I essentially acted as the coil magnetic action and moved it myself.
1998 Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse
Volvo D-12 Diesel Engines
Port of Tulsa OK

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » March 24th, 2019, 4:45 pm

Sorry guys, been out of the country for a week with limited internet access. Got a ton of posts to go through! Glad you found the issue, pretty common one with those. There's something to be said for simplicity, the more complicated they make them, the more there is to go wrong.

Topic author United States of America
kkochner
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse

Postby kkochner » March 24th, 2019, 6:51 pm

Thanks for getting back to me...appreciate it! Got a new one for reverse and it works but then the forward one stopped working manually as I was swapping them back and forth. What r the odds it would go out now!!! I have tried clearing it with wd40 and hitting it with air to get its insides unstuck...so far no luck...looks like I got to buy a second new one. Another $500 but at least I can do the labor:)

Feel free to let me know if there r any other secrets that might help me...thanks!
1998 Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse
Volvo D-12 Diesel Engines
Port of Tulsa OK

Return to “Diesel Engines/Transmissions”