Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Suspected EVC Problem

DIESEL engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author United States of America
Brad Tubbs
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2005 Carver 41 CMY, with Volvo Penta D6-370's.

Suspected EVC Problem

Postby Brad Tubbs » February 15th, 2020, 2:39 pm

I am having ignition issues. I have twin Volvo 2005 Penta D6's with EVC (old style, no LED display). The port engine cranks and runs normally. However, it will not shut down via ignition switch. The starboard engine will not even turn over. The EVC panel displays the "lock" light red, Transmission is definitely in neutral. There are no fault displays of any kind.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Thanks,
Brad
Central Florida
2005 41CMY
D6-370

United States of America
jspin101
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2005 Carver 41 CMY w/ 2006 Volvo D6 370I-B's

Re: Suspected EVC Problem

Postby jspin101 » February 25th, 2020, 6:23 pm

Hey Brad, sorry to hear about your issue.
Don't think this will help with your issue but I figured I'd share.
Going on my 3rd year with the boat and still learning.
I have 2006 D6's. EVC-B (older version).
I don't have the display I just have the basic panel. I was told that I could get fault codes, supposed to flash a series of 3 sets of lights from the panel when I acknowledge the alarms. No such luck, I have to pay a mechanic with Certified Volvo Diagnostic Software to read the codes.
I had an alarm on the warning light display (idiot lights) indicating I had issues with the water in the diesel. took out the sensor on the on engine fuel/water separator, I tested it and looked good but the alarm didn't go away. Found out the sensor was faulty ($90) and alarm went away. I'd like to know how to get codes from the EVC without having to pay $500 for them to come out and read the codes.
Good luck with your issue.
Let us know how you make out.
Good luck

Return to “Diesel Engines/Transmissions”