Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Cummings engine tach not reading.

DIESEL engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author United States of America
aloysius
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 406

Cummings engine tach not reading.

Postby aloysius » October 24th, 2021, 7:56 pm

My starboard cummings engine does not want to run very much. It's strange because it will shut off on it's own. The tach seems to jump all over the place (I've even seen it go backwards past zero rpms while the engine is still running. The sync gauge (which has never worked) is doing a dance also.
Another clue is sometimes when I try to start the engine, the low oil pressure alarm does not sound. If the alarm does sound, the engine will start but like I said the tach swings all over even though the engine sounds to be running at a constant RPM. I observed that the hour meter for this engine seems to not be counting the hours correctly either.
Does anyone know how I can get ahold of Carver to see if they have a engine and helm wiring diagram for my 2000 Carver 406?
Any advise would be highly appreciated.

Return to “Diesel Engines/Transmissions”