Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Cummins 5.9 330 hp

DIESEL engine, transmission and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

United States of America
KyleR
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: MV Verity
2002 Carver 396
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370HP

Re: Cummins 5.9 330 hp

Postby KyleR » December 31st, 2023, 12:17 am

Glad to help! :-D. And after a year+ of living aboard and cruising regularly, these numbers still hold mostly true.
Last edited by KyleR on January 13th, 2024, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
MV Verity
2002 Carver 396
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370HP

United States of America
KyleR
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: MV Verity
2002 Carver 396
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370HP

Re: Cummins 5.9 330 hp

Postby KyleR » January 13th, 2024, 11:04 am

Update:

So after playing with various cruising rpms over the last (almost) year since my original post, I think I've found the sweet spot that works best - at least for my setup.

Keeping the rpms at 1050 I have been able to repeatedly reproduce 2.5mpg and 3gph results. Very similar to my initial findings but just keeping those rpms on the low end definitely helped.

Anyways, just wanted to give another data point. Happy cruising!! :-D

P.S. This covers 5000ish miles covered and 800ish engine hours.
MV Verity
2002 Carver 396
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370HP

Return to “Diesel Engines/Transmissions”