Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Water leak into forward stateroom - 560

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Txcruiser
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2007 560 Voyager, Volvo D12

Water leak into forward stateroom - 560

Postby Txcruiser » September 7th, 2013, 4:18 pm

Water is showing up under the mattress of the forward stateroom bed. Anyone experience this and have a solution? Mine is a 2007 model. Thanks.

Txcruiser

MissWhit's
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Re: Water leak into forward stateroom - 560

Postby MissWhit's » September 10th, 2013, 4:19 pm

I have a 2001 406, not the same as yours of course but I found the opening for the front hatch to be overcut in size. I had to fill in on one side and around one edge to take up the slop so I could seal the hatch lip to boat surface. I found this by using a water hose and flooding the deck surface.
MissWhit's
Lake Texoma, Denison TX
Port: EYC Marina
2001 406 twin 380HP 454 MPI

Topic author United States of America
Txcruiser
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2007 560 Voyager, Volvo D12

Re: Water leak into forward stateroom - 560

Postby Txcruiser » September 13th, 2013, 10:29 pm

Hatch already addressed but still a leak. Dumped all rode today and cleaned out anchor locker and flushed locker drains.Hosed the entire front of the boat but could not replicate the leak. Not sure I actually made any progress today. Very frustrating problem!!

Thanks for your suggestion...

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”