Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New Owner needs specs

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author
whaler
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1985 2807 Riviera

New Owner needs specs

Postby whaler » April 7th, 2014, 4:36 pm

Hello
I am the new owner of a 1985 2807 single inboard.I am needing the true weight and draft.All info that I can find is related to a twin engine boat .They are showing 34" draft and 8900 pounds. I am sure the draft is going to be more and the weight less. Any help will be appreciated.
Joe

eric_b
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver 3227 Convertible

Re: New Owner needs specs

Postby eric_b » April 7th, 2014, 4:43 pm

The Mariner (2897) from that year was also offered with a single inboard and the spec sheet lists the draft at 41". You are probably going to be close to that. If you have not alrady found the Carver Yachts site here is the link. It has teh spec sheets and brochures for most models from the 80's to current. http://carveryachts.com/service/brochures-spec-sheets
1986 Carver 3227 Convertible

HOPELESS
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 CARVE MARINA ONLY A COUPLE OF OWNERS AND THE MAX HOURS IS 750 ON ONE ENGING AND JUST UNDER 500 ON THHE OTHER. I AM A NEWB AND HAVEN A BLAST NOW THAT I AM RETIRED.

Postby HOPELESS » January 11th, 2017, 10:35 am

NOT SURE HOW THIS WORKS. I AM LOOKING FOR A EXHUAST GUARD FLAPPER FOR A 1986 TWIN ENG ANY IDEAS

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » January 11th, 2017, 10:57 am

Welcome aboard. There are dozens of different styles. Try looking through Google Images to see if you can spot the one that looks like yours then click the picture, it may lead you to a supplier. Click on the link below:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=marine+exhaust+guard+flapper&biw=1560&bih=750&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnmZnNt7rRAhUq94MKHWqcDW0QsAQIGQ#tbm=isch&q=marine+exhaust+flapper+valve

HOPELESS
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 CARVE MARINA ONLY A COUPLE OF OWNERS AND THE MAX HOURS IS 750 ON ONE ENGING AND JUST UNDER 500 ON THHE OTHER. I AM A NEWB AND HAVEN A BLAST NOW THAT I AM RETIRED.

Postby HOPELESS » March 19th, 2017, 10:59 am

thanks for the help , I ve tried several other places to no avail . the part is about 8in wide 2and 1/2 feet long and covers the exhaust hole on the boat. . :pirate:

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » March 19th, 2017, 11:12 am

You should start a new thread and post a picture of the part you're looking for. I think you meant Mariner in your profile but not sure so we'll need to know that as well. You can also contact Carver with a hull number, they should be able to help you.

HOPELESS
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby HOPELESS » March 19th, 2017, 11:16 am

nothing looks like my exhaust in the pictures . thanks I have seen the same type I have in many other older 1986 87 88 twin exhaust inboards.
:pirate: :pirate:

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » March 19th, 2017, 11:54 am

If you have the 28' Mariner then you probably have the Davis underwater exhaust ,muffler system, with the bypass flapper at the top front.....google that and see what comes up....not sure you will find one, I had the same years ago.If is just the flapper chances are you can retrofit another....... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”