Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Trying to find parts for my toilet.

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
roesm87
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver Want Cruz 26'

Trying to find parts for my toilet.

Postby roesm87 » November 4th, 2013, 4:26 pm

I have a 1986 Carver Santa Cruz 26 and I am trying to find parts for the toilet but I don't know what brands or model the toilet is. It has a foot valve that opens the bottom to let the waste fall to the holding tank and also lets fresh water in at the same time. I am trying to find out if there is a rebuild kit for that.

Jab
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1978 Santa Cruz 2866
Moosehead Lake, Maine

Re: Trying to find parts for my toilet.

Postby Jab » November 4th, 2013, 7:02 pm

Here's a pic of the head on my Santa Cruz. Works as you describe. If you think it's the same, I have the original parts list, manual, etc....
Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
roesm87
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby roesm87 » November 4th, 2013, 7:42 pm

What brand is yours?

Jab
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Moosehead Lake, Maine

Postby Jab » November 4th, 2013, 8:21 pm

Mansfield 911-M28

It's a coincidence I happen to have these photos. I just bought the boat, and took pix of some of the systems to help plan winter projects at home. Mine in plumbed thru a t-valve for either pump-out or macerator discharge. I need to remove the macerator-discharge connection.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
roesm87
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby roesm87 » November 4th, 2013, 9:11 pm

That looks similar to mine. I tried to upload some pictures but for some reason my phone won't let me.

Jab
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Moosehead Lake, Maine

Postby Jab » November 5th, 2013, 9:07 am

For what it's worth.... Saw this post in a Sailboat forum.
There is another Carver Forum specific to Mariners. A few members have older boats that they are dismantling and selling off parts. Might be an option....

The marine division of Mansfield Plumbing was sold to SeaLand Technology in 1984...SeaLand made the 751 and then the 752 for only a couple of years, and then discontinued both...discontinuing all parts support for both versions by about 1990. So even if you could find ANY base that you make fit it, the rubber parts in the pump have to be at least 15 years old...so worn by now that it wouldn't be worth the effort. It's time for a new toilet. Take Steve's advice...buy a Raritan PH II. About $100 more than the cheapest toilet, but worth it if you want a reliable trouble-free free toilet. The PHII has been rated the best manual toilet under $500 for decades. If space is tight, the PHC is the same pump, but on a compact base.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”