Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Just bought a '97 355

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
Lanier Boater
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 355 Aft Cabin Motor Yacht

Just bought a '97 355

Postby Lanier Boater » November 13th, 2013, 10:55 am

Hello to all. I am new here and a new Carver owner. I would appreciate any heads-up advise you may have on the 355. I boat on Lake Lanier in north Georgia. I am an ex-sailboat owner who has moved to the dark side as many of my sailing buddies would say. I love the boat so far and have had a great time with it over the last week that I've owned it. I do have a quick question. The temperature here got into the low 20's last night and I wanted to make sure that I didn't have any freezing pipes, etc., but the lowest setting on my central heating is only 65 degrees. I don't want electricity bills to eat me out of house and home, so what advice do you have on economically keeping the boat warm enough to stop freezing? Thanks.

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Re: Just bought a '97 355

Postby Ramsport47 » November 13th, 2013, 12:19 pm

Welcome to the "Carver Club" ad congrats on your 355 Aft Cabin...awesome boat! Most likely, the temp inside the boat didn't get anywhere near as low as the outside air because of insulation in the boat, and the boat is sitting in warm(ish) water not letting the temp fall that low. I would say, if it dips below freezing frequently, I would drain the water system and put in some pink antifreeze to protect your investment. If it does it once in a while, I've seen people use space heaters to keep the areas at about 40 degrees or so.
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Topic author
Lanier Boater
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 355 Aft Cabin Motor Yacht

Postby Lanier Boater » December 6th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Thanks for the reply Kenny. I'm actually living on the boat now. Not exactly the way I had it planned, but it is beautiful waking up on the water every morning. We have had several mornings in the low 20's but for the most part I have stayed toasty warm thanks to the central heat and a little ceramic heater I keep in the aft stateroom. Take care.

VIPNiSS
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby VIPNiSS » January 3rd, 2014, 9:58 pm

hey lanier boater.. i recently got a 95 carver 355.. im over at holiday marina.. as far as pipes dont worry.. i have mine set at 60.. my electricity is only $60..

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”