Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Waste Discharge On 2002 Carver 346

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
McCaslinPickwick
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2002 Carver 346

Waste Discharge On 2002 Carver 346

Postby McCaslinPickwick » August 21st, 2017, 6:47 pm

I cannot locate the 3 way valve for the forward waste system. I have located the forward waste pump switch under the steps going down to the galley. I cannot locate either the 3 way valve or the waste pump switch for the aft waste system. I do have breakers for both pumps in the DC panel. Can anyone tell me where to find the aft pump switch and both 3 way valves. Thanks :banghead:

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: Waste Discharge On 2002 Carver 346

Postby tomschauer » August 21st, 2017, 7:20 pm

My 355 has the three way valves just outside the waste tanks. The single pump services both systems. Unless your offshore, there is no reason to use the overboard system.

United States of America
jostephens
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2002 346 Carver Twin MerCruiser MX 6.2 MPI (320-hp)
Fox Island, WA

Postby jostephens » August 21st, 2017, 8:27 pm

Hello Tom, My 2002 346 has the aft switch for the macerator discharge pump just inside the inspection hatch on the port side, this is the hatch located on each side of the steps going down to the aft stateroom. The discharge thruhull valve is below the shower in the aft head, lift up the wood seat cover and you will see it. The thruhull valve for the forward macerator pump is behind the toilet paper holder in the forward head. Once you have both the switches on, you can run the pumps with the circuit breakers in the DC panel. My boat does not have 3 way valves, just open or closed. regards, Jim

McCaslinPickwick
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby McCaslinPickwick » August 21st, 2017, 9:22 pm

Thank you. I will look again.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » August 21st, 2017, 10:57 pm

Assuming your on pickwick with your user name? Im on chickamauga lake and Pickwick is the same as we are on regards to overboard discharge. It's ok with a type I or II msd such as a purasan system. Otherwise it's illegal. You may want to review if your aren't familiar with these rules on tva reservoirs. Fyi.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
jostephens
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2002 346 Carver Twin MerCruiser MX 6.2 MPI (320-hp)
Fox Island, WA

Postby jostephens » August 22nd, 2017, 10:10 am

I live on the saltwater, Macerator pumps are used when over 3 miles off shore, otherwise we make use of pump out vacuum at fuel dock.

McCaslinPickwick
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby McCaslinPickwick » November 26th, 2017, 8:33 pm

Just want to clarify that I am very familiar with the overboard discharge regulations and procedures. I am on Pickwick Lake in Tennessee and have never discharged overboard. I purchased my 346 last year and just wanted to know the location of the valves and switches as the schematic diagrams are not very accurate. I would think everyone wants to know their boat inside and out. I pump out as needed at the marina.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”