Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Modern electronics in an older boat

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author United States of America
dcrahn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1984 Carver 2687 Monterey

Modern electronics in an older boat

Postby dcrahn » September 19th, 2017, 7:24 am

It's been a while since I've been on here, so much going on but I continue to plug away at my boat project. I am currently building a complete new dash for my Carver 2687 and the plan is to do away with all the analog gauges. The plan is to use two Raymarine 7 inch Axiom displays. Is there a company out there that makes an Interface between older analog engine outputs to the new digital electronics?

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Modern electronics in an older boat

Postby km1125 » September 19th, 2017, 9:43 am

Yes, there is! I don't recall the names of them, but there are at least two companies that do it for the marine environment. Do some searches. If you don't find anything post and update and I'll see if I can find them again.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » September 20th, 2017, 7:13 am

Noland Engineering, Actisense, and I think Maretron might have them too. Some of the navigation electronics manufacturers have their own modules as well I think.

Topic author United States of America
dcrahn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1984 Carver 2687 Monterey

Postby dcrahn » October 1st, 2017, 8:35 pm

Thanks for the information guys. I went on Actisense's website and it appears they have what I need. They have a Dealer that is not too far from me located in Lake City, SC, about 170 miles from my home in Springfield, GA.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » October 1st, 2017, 9:47 pm

Make sure it's their latest build that you're getting and not old stock. They had electronic component issues a few years ago. It was a supplier problem that they have since remedied.

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”