Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Salon blinds

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Chance Encounter
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 - 53' Voyager Pilothouse

Salon blinds

Postby Chance Encounter » February 4th, 2018, 4:20 pm

I am looking for a supplier for the 53' Voyager Pilothouse replacement blinds. Pulling my hair out. Carver no longer supplies them. Any suggestions on suppliers or changes for a new layout?

United States of America
capgattis
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: owner 53' carver voyager. 2003

Re: Salon blinds

Postby capgattis » February 4th, 2018, 7:46 pm

When you find out let me know. I need kitchen blinds for 2003 Carver Voyager. :captain2:

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » February 5th, 2018, 8:25 am

Have you tried Google?
I did and I saw at least a half dozen companies that specialize in marine/RV window treatments. I'm sure there were more, but I stopped looking.

United States of America
rcoff512
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver Voyager 450
Home Port, Long Island NY USA

Postby rcoff512 » February 5th, 2018, 11:50 am

We did some shopping for them as well for our 45. Found some places in Florida but logistics were tough. We would have settled on Boat Blinds International (not cheap) but we put it off for a while.

http://www.boatblindsinternational.com/index.php

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » February 5th, 2018, 2:54 pm

I don't know what yours are but on my 405 they were aluminum about 7'or 8ft wide or so maybe 30" tall mini blinds. I just got online searched blind companies there's a bunch. Many colors and options thwey will send samples too. We even checked lowes and home depot but more expensive. and had them custom made it was pretty reasonable and they looked identical to the ones I swapped that were busted. had these now about 4yrs.
Somewhere like blinds . com or similiar just google
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 356 aft cabin

Postby cpoint » February 5th, 2018, 8:14 pm

Got mine from Home Depot. Replaced all blinds. The one in the main cabin was single piece, I replaced them with smaller, for each section separately. I'll try to take picture next time I go out to it. I got the plastic ones rather them aluminum, because they were getting damaged easily.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chance Encounter
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Chance Encounter » February 6th, 2018, 12:37 pm

Thanks everyone. Blinds are easy to find but the problem comes with the shape of the windows on the 53 Voyager. Three out of the six blinds are rounded on one end. The center is the only rectangle blind. Therein lies the problem. But I will check in on the links sent. Thanks so much. :-D

United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 356 aft cabin

Postby cpoint » February 7th, 2018, 10:21 am

I see. The carver 356, front sides are triangular. I looked around for shaped blinds, including the link above. But it was too expensive, so I left the original drapes that came with mind. Made the same for the front 3 windows, so they look same and it does not look out of place with snapped in drapes on front, front sides and new blinds with square/rectangular windows on sides and back.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » February 7th, 2018, 12:09 pm

A lot of boats have irregular shaped blinds...just the nature of the beast.
I'm sure a number of the companies offering marine blinds can customize them for you.
They won't be cheap, but then again, it's a boat and that's the nature of the beast.

Chance Encounter
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Chance Encounter » April 23rd, 2018, 2:30 pm

We ended using Boat Blinds International. Ron was very helpful and gave us a decent discount. He overnighted everything we need to make proper templates, including good instructions. We sent them to him in a box he provided with prepaid shipping. I am now tracking a FedEx delivery scheduled for tomorrow. I will update when I have them in hand. We will do our own install. About $3,000 for the six salon windows. True, not cheap but it is for a boat and they are custom made with angles and curves. :captain2:

http://www.boatblindsinternational.com/blinds.php

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”