Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

boating is finally here.... Yahoo...

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 9 weeks to boating

Postby bud37 » February 12th, 2018, 9:10 pm

MakinTime wrote:Source of the post Boat goes in mid April here on the Mississippi in Minnesota can’t wait!

Hmmmm.....Lucky you.....the way this year is,for us, should still be dog sleds going by the house by then...... :cry:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
MakinTime
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Carver 3607 MakinTIme
Glastron MX175 MakinTimeToo

Postby MakinTime » February 13th, 2018, 7:24 am

Hoping for mid April anyways! It’s been very cold winter here but not much snow pack. Hopefully no spring flooding!

Canada
Makin Waves
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 46MY

Postby Makin Waves » February 18th, 2018, 8:56 am

feeez wrote:Source of the post
Lyndon670 wrote:Source of the post You and me both Fraser - I had my complete top decks done last August, so I think I'm good for this year. I am probably going to get them to do my hull....

I attempted to do it 3 years agon and 20 min into it looked at what I had completed and what was left to do and said "nope, I'm done."

The admiral would probably agree with your sentiment Lyndon. Believe me if I was tackling a boat of your size I wouldn't be even thinking of it. My "plan" is to break the project down into 4 segments and stick to it. I have to not give in to that urge to keep pushing it. Maybe now that I have entered the 60s I will find some new found common sense...... :lol:

Had mine completely waxed and polished last year, should last me until Im done boating

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 8 weeks to boating

Postby bud37 » February 19th, 2018, 9:35 am

Down to 8 now...... Well today we have a rain warning to wash away all the snow banks ....one step towards getting near the boat again.. :approve: ....still looking for someone to get to polish the hull for me this spring though........ :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » February 19th, 2018, 10:40 am

Does your marina allow outside contractors on their premises to do that type of work without going through them?

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » February 19th, 2018, 6:52 pm

Good question,...not really sure .....I don't think they have anyone that does that kind of work.......... :-D

Canada
feeez
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2001 350 Mariner

Postby feeez » February 20th, 2018, 10:17 pm

Viper wrote:Source of the post Does your marina allow outside contractors on their premises to do that type of work without going through them?

No way at our place. Historically the sub does the work (canvas for example) and the Marina sends you the invoice with their cut added on but not transparent. Our marina has polishers and waxers working there.

Cheers
Fraser
Former 2001 350 Mariner owner

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » February 20th, 2018, 10:23 pm

That's the way most marinas work. No difference from most other businesses. Not many are in the habit of showing sublet costs to the end user.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » February 21st, 2018, 9:02 am

I will hire this out if I can find someone that does this type of work properly. 8 weeks and counting........ :beergood: ... :popcorn:

Canada
feeez
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2001 350 Mariner

Postby feeez » February 21st, 2018, 9:20 am

Viper wrote:Source of the post That's the way most marinas work. No difference from most other businesses. Not many are in the habit of showing sublet costs to the end user.

A friend of mine used to keep his sailboat (moment of silence!!) at a marina on Lake Ontario that was run sort of like a cooperative. The board was made up of owners at the marina. I am sure that it was not without problems but everyone looked after their own stuff whether it be DIY or sub contract. The marina hired for general stuff around the marina and they worked together for things like haul out launch. According to him it worked quite well.

cheers
Fraser
Former 2001 350 Mariner owner

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”