Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Plumbing Problems

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
tsilbert
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: I own a carver mariner 330 Year 1993

Plumbing Problems

Postby tsilbert » April 22nd, 2013, 4:47 pm

Hi My name is Ted Silbert, I own a 1993 Mariner 330. I love the boat, but I don't love the space to do any work on it. Carver makes the best layouts in a boat, but the engineers forgot that someone has to work on them down the road. Anyway, I have a leaking fresh water holding tank, or some fitting attached there. I haven't found it yet, but I work on it every weekend. Was wondering if anybody else has a mariner similar to mine and if they experienced any problems like mine. Part of my problem is that someone put hardwood flooring in my boat and I think they made the hatch to the holding tanks half the size, so I cant really even get the tanks out without ripping the floring out and I don't want to do that. Does anybody know the maximum pressure the tanks can be under before leaking starts. I just ordered a pressure regulator and I'm hoping by droping the pressure I can solve my problem. Does anyone know of common problems in this area, and the fix.
Thanks for listening

United States of America
AaHubb
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: '99 404 CPMY
my twin diesel pusher

Re: Plumbing Problems

Postby AaHubb » April 22nd, 2013, 8:06 pm

How and why is your tank being pressurized? To my knowledge fresh water tanks are vented to atmosphere and a pump pulls water from them.
'99 404 CPMY
SeaDragon

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage15
1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glasspar / 1967 Johnson Electromatic 85
1996 Boston Whaler Rage 15

Re: Plumbing Problems

Postby waybomb » April 22nd, 2013, 8:49 pm

Your tank is not pressurized.

When you hook up to shore water, there is a valve that shifts and your shore water bypasses the tank and pump.

The tank should be under no pressure other than the weight of the water.

If your tank is being pressurized, I would search for the shore water valve and repair or replace it. Simply follow the line leading from the shorewater connection and you will see where it ties into the rest of the system, and the valve.

That's why not only do you have a shore water connection, but also a water tank fill opening. Two separate systems connected to your faucets and ice maker feed system.
Thanks
Fred
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572 ci
1995 Boston Whaler Rage
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”