Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Shore water system

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
Gary1946
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 32 mariner

Shore water system

Postby Gary1946 » February 5th, 2014, 5:57 am

Hi everybody,
I just bought a 89 mariner 32 and am getting to know it and came up with a problem, the shore water system doesn't work, iam getting water pressure to the deck connection but not coming through the pressure on the boat works fine with the boat pump but doesn't work when trying to use the dock water , I read that there is a regulator and check valve but where is it and how would I get to it,thanks for any help
Gary

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Re: Shore water system

Postby Ramsport47 » February 5th, 2014, 6:07 am

Is it a chrome metal fitting for the hose, or a large white plastic one? If it's the chrome metal one, see if you can follow the hose coming from it and in line you will find a bronze colored metal regulator. They are expensive and, I believe, available at plumbing supply outlets. If it is the white plastic one, the fitting is the regulator and can be replaced as one piece. They cost around $50, give or take.
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Topic author
Gary1946
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Gary1946 » February 5th, 2014, 4:23 pm

Hey, thanks guy it's the chrome one with a cockpit wash down connection also it's mounted on the cabin by the door I'll try to take it off and see what's happening
Gary

Topic author
Gary1946
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Gary1946 » February 6th, 2014, 7:51 pm

FYI
Was tracing the dock water system on my 32 mariner and the pressure regulator is located inside the cabin, the bulkhead has to come out to get to it......pain in the ass....I took it out and replaced it with a straight pipe and put a aftermarket regulator on the hose bib on the dock......much easier to work on now

Rsimmons
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001, 38' Carver Santego! Twin 7.4l MPI gasoline, FW cooled, kept in FW river

Re: Shore water system & pressure pump

Postby Rsimmons » February 17th, 2014, 9:27 pm

First time posting, hope I don't mess this up..... On my 2001 38' Santego, I recently started using the shore water system on recent overnight on boat at marina. It worked well, but at some point I noticed that the pressure pump started kicking on on when I opened a faucet. I have good water pressure at the dock, and I have one of those collapsible hoses so I can see that the hose is pressured up. So I turned off the breaker for the pressure pump, and just had the shore water with plenty of pressure. Could this be a regulator issue?

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Postby Ramsport47 » February 18th, 2014, 6:32 am

No, it's not the regulator. The pump has a very sensitive sensor switch on it, and even with the shore water hooked up and on, the pump will turn on if a tap is opened, using your tank water instead of your shore water. You will need to turn off your pressure pump breaker when using shore water, otherwise you will be using your tank water instead of the shore water.
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Rsimmons
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001, 38' Carver Santego! Twin 7.4l MPI gasoline, FW cooled, kept in FW river

Postby Rsimmons » February 18th, 2014, 7:45 am

Well there you go. Thanks.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”