Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New Member (asking for help, Please)

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author
Ozarkkid
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1979 Carver 33 Mariner with twin 351W engines. Wanting to restore

New Member (asking for help, Please)

Postby Ozarkkid » August 7th, 2013, 12:05 pm

I would like to ask for someones help. My wife purchased a 1976 Carver 33' Mariner with twin 351W engines. Does anyone have or could point me in the right direction for manuals, specs and parts.
My main concerns right know are getting the engines started and checking the electrical and water lines. This way I can get some idea of the costs to restore. Any help would be great. Also it has a 6.5 KW Onan generator. I have the manuals, but I cannot find a picture that shoes the mounting bracket for the small sea water pump that goes on the front. Most pictures show and L-brkt on the left, but this has to go on the right under the water manifold. No other place to fit it. By the way, it can be a beautiful boat again with the right manuals to restore properly.

United States of America
Seif911
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1977 Carver Mariner 33'

Re: New Member (asking for help, Please)

Postby Seif911 » August 8th, 2013, 12:00 pm

Morn,
Good luck with the restore. I have a 1977 but it has twin Chevy 350's, and it honestly don't know where the pump is either. I have done a lot but the engines were pretty low maintenance. My boat wasn't started for 5 years, I pumped a few gallons of water for the gas tank, started then engines and was on my way. Definitely had to work through a few fuel problems but for the most part, they were small.
Thanks,
Steve

22' Godfrey Hurricane Fun Deck, Fiberglass hull, 175 HP, Deck boat
24' Chrysler Cruiseliner III (Lonestar), 120 HP, Aluminum Hull, Cabin, 1968
33' Carver Mariner, fiberglass hull, 520 HP, Yacht, 1977

Topic author
Ozarkkid
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1979 Carver 33 Mariner with twin 351W engines. Wanting to restore

Postby Ozarkkid » August 12th, 2013, 10:19 pm

Thank You for responding.
Well I have made some movement with the boat. the Bad news is one of the engines is gone. Compression and leak test confirm. The other which I have since found out is a replacement engine, has good compression. So I will start working on getting that engine started. I found a remanufactured long block for $2,500.
The good news is I found a marine dealer here that will sand and paint the bottom for $2,100. plus blisters. I got the Ice Box, Stove and my wife helped and we got the pump and A/c working. I also found a very nice gentleman that designs electrical systems for larger boats to work with me correcting my mess. So things look good.
The last bad thing is we found out that the person we purchased it from was given the boat from a marina that was applying for abandoned status and went out of business. Coast Guard and State are making me jump through hoops to track the boat from the last legal sale. All work in progress.

United States of America
Solana
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 38' Carver Santego - Complete refit 2016/2017

Postby Solana » March 13th, 2014, 1:19 am

Here try this link from carver yachts. I went to their "service" tab on top then put in your boats info.

http://carveryachts.com/service/brochures-spec-sheets

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Postby Ramsport47 » March 13th, 2014, 6:37 am

For the engine manual, you will probably need to get a hold of the engine marinizer, who, judging by the age and auto block, is either Pleasurecraft or Waukesha. The latter of which is not longer around, so you may have to visit a library.
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Return to “General Boating Discussion”