Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 504 Forward Head Hoses

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
samcrouse
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver 504 CPMY

Carver 504 Forward Head Hoses

Postby samcrouse » May 3rd, 2018, 6:26 pm

I have a 1999 Carver 504 and want to replace the forward head hoses. Previous owner wrapped some of them in aluminum foil to cover up stench. They are visible to the left just as you enter the engine room compartment (under the stairs).
Anyone have any experience with this or know what is involved? Thanks in advance for any tips or leads.... Sam

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Carver 504 Forward Head Hoses

Postby Viper » May 3rd, 2018, 9:20 pm

I've done it on several vessels but not your model. The hardest part is routing through an area you can't access without some major dismantling if that's the case in yours. It's perfectly okay to cut access holes in areas not normally seen then cover them when complete. Use a good quality hose or you may be doing this again a few years from now. Remember the more flexible the hose, the quicker it will permeate if standing waste is left in any section of it.

What kind of system/toilet do you have, Vacuflush?

Topic author United States of America
samcrouse
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver 504 CPMY

Postby samcrouse » June 3rd, 2018, 5:02 pm

Thanks. Yes, I have Vacuflush! Sam

United States of America
rjr
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 440 MY

Postby rjr » June 26th, 2018, 10:23 pm

Hope it's not too late but you may want to check out Noflex Digestor. This is a powder you add to system in place of chemicals. Will remove odor from hoses as well. Several owners here use it and like it.

Link: http://littlecunningplan.com/2016/10/le ... h-science/ Check out the blog and comments. I just got my first order. Will be cleaning hoses tomorrow.

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Postby Lyndon670 » July 4th, 2018, 10:19 pm

Hope it's not too late but you may want to check out Noflex Digestor. This is a powder you add to system in place of chemicals. Will remove odor from hoses as well. Several owners here use it and like it.

Noflex is a good preventive measure to permeation - but will not fix a permeated hose. The hoses are typically good for about 10 years an a year round environment. Double that in a seasonal evironment.

I did mine on my 506 last year. Let me qualify my experience by saying this...you can try everyones chemical solutions to try and fix the problem. I know because I did. Sometimes you think you may have made a dent in the smell, only to notice it back a short time later.

In the end, you will end up replacing the hoses and will say "why didn't I do this from the beginning". Again, I did exactly this.

Tip to doing this - do it on the hottest day possible. It is som much easier to do when the hoses are at their max flexibility. Don't even think about it when they are cold.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin