Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Model 440 "Remote Lights"

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
bughermarine
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 440 Aft Cabin MY, 1995 model year.

Model 440 "Remote Lights"

Postby bughermarine » April 26th, 2018, 9:19 am

We own a 1995 model 440. On the forward wall of the aft stateroom inside the starboard hanging locker there is a small DC electric panel with the house battery switch. In this panel there is a "push-on/push-off" type circuit breaker labeled "Remote Lights". This is mentioned nowhere in the owners manual, and does not appear on the DC wiring schematic in the owner's manual. We believe it was an option allowing a radio transmitter type of "key fob" remote timer activation of the clamshell light on top step of the saloon entry (and possibly also the overhead hardtop aft deck lights). My question is: Where inside the vessel is the receiver located??? The receiver is malfunctioning and randomly turning on the light (which then times off). Appreciate any insight. Blair Bugher-AMS, Bugher Marine Services

United States of America
rjr
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 440 MY

Re: Model 440 "Remote Lights"

Postby rjr » June 5th, 2018, 6:49 pm

I don't have an answer to your post and apparently no one else does either. I am not hijacking your thread.

We are in process of buying '94 440. Engine inspections scheduled for tomorrow. Considering yours is a '95 and this one is a '94, thought I would ask a couple of questions. Overall boat is in good shape with no major findings on survey.

Are there any peculiar aspects I should check out?

This boat has CAT 3126s. We'll know tomorrow if they're OK. Owner has taken good care of boat especially engines & transmissions. Which engines do you have?

This boat has only 2 batteries. Owner uses one for starting then switches to other and activates inverter to provide AC for fridges, computer with nav software (while underway), etc. Seems odd to me but apparently it works. Do you have house battery(s)? (Genny has its own battery)

During sea trial, owner took engines up to 1900 rpms and announced we were "on plane'. To me there was no discernable effect of planing. I asked if he used trim tabs and he said he never used them. Coming from a twin gas engine boat, I was used to the bow up and then trimming using tabs. How does your boat react?

While I realize this is not a speedboat, the highest speed registered on a phone based app was 19 knots at WOT - about 2800 rpms. How does your boat perform?

Hope you don't mind the inquisition.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”