Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Performance

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
Solana
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 38' Carver Santego - Complete refit 2016/2017

Performance

Postby Solana » April 2nd, 2014, 11:56 pm

We have a 1990 34 Santego, with 2-454 big blocks. We've been working on our boat for two years and have done a complete refurb on everything. I took it out a couple months ago and throttled both engines up pretty aggressively and the boat lifted up out of the water and ran great at about 3000 RPMs. But as soon as I started lifting the trim tabs I noticed the boat coming down. I didn't know (and don't have enough experience) to know if it's normal to push the motors much past that for cruising. I'm looking for some feedback as to what to expect performance wise from the boat at a variety of RPMs.

My port motor is a brand new 5th generation big block from Michigan from the oil pan to the carburetor and it's awesome! My stbd motor is a rebuilt 3rd generation with a solid lift ( I believe). I usually run about 100gal of fuel and the overall length is 41feet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”