Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Howdy Happy Boaters!

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Re: Howdy Happy Boaters!

Postby RGrew176 » June 12th, 2018, 4:27 am

Unfortunately for the buyer the broker works for the seller. Pictures can sometimes tell a story but they can also make a boat look better than it actually is.

When I decided to get back into boating in 2015 I looked at several boats in Michigan and Ohio. Not sure how many miles I traveled looking. A few were really OK and some were not worth the trip but you gotta look. When we, my wife and I, drove to look at my current Carver you could tell that it had been fairly well cared for.

It was almost turn key. After about 30 seconds aboard my wife said, buy it so we made an offer. It was countered and we countered back finally agreeing on a purchase price. Now, my boat is an 81 so it's now 37 years old so not everything is pristine but it is in remarkably good shape for its age.

Keep looking. You will come across some lemons but that gem is out there somewhere just waiting for you to come look at it. Don't get discouraged. It took me a year to find mine.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Topic author Canada
Senorjeem
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 350 Mariner

Postby Senorjeem » June 13th, 2018, 1:54 pm

I appreciate the encouragement. "Ya gotta kiss a few toads", as they say
Just trying to keep the bronze stuff away from the rocky stuff :captain2:

Topic author Canada
Senorjeem
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Senorjeem » June 18th, 2018, 10:54 am

Well, I am actively looking still. I have settled on wanting twin diesels, and a generator. Hopefully 1995 or newer and CLEAN. Clean, to me means that someone cared and likely fixed small issues before they grew into monsters. West coast boat would save me 6 to 10K for transport, so is preferred. CYO help gratefully appreciated. :captain2:

Canada
Sue
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 32 aft cabin

Postby Sue » June 19th, 2018, 1:01 am

Feeling so excited to start boating in our very first boat, a 1989 Carver 32 aft cabin. Just bought her on Vancouver Island. There sure weren’t many Carvers available. Good luck with your search, Senorjeem.

Topic author Canada
Senorjeem
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Senorjeem » June 19th, 2018, 12:04 pm

:drunk:

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”