Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Voyager 370 holding tank vent filter

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author Canada
bopperd
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver Voyager 370. Singe station, twin 454 Crusaders.

Voyager 370 holding tank vent filter

Postby bopperd » August 12th, 2014, 1:06 pm

I have a 1995 Voyager 370, which I purchased last year. Lately I'm getting a whiff of sewage when flushing the toilet. The Vacuflush block diagram for the system shows a charcoal filter inline with the holding tank vent hose, but I have ripped the boat apart and cannot find a filter of any sort. However, there are places in the boat where the vent hose disappears through bulkheads and perhaps I'm missing something. Can anyone tell me where the filter is, or were they ever installed on this boat?
Thanks,
Dave

United States of America
4mo
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Re: Voyager 370 holding tank vent filter

Postby 4mo » June 18th, 2018, 1:55 pm

ever figure out where it is? I'm about to start ripping my boat apart as well.

Topic author Canada
bopperd
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver Voyager 370. Singe station, twin 454 Crusaders.

Postby bopperd » June 18th, 2018, 9:00 pm

Turns out my '95 never had a filter. I figured out which line was the holding tank vent by hooking a garden hose up to the line at the tank, pumping water through it, and watching which thruhull the water came out. Once I traced the line I installed a No Stank inline filter kit and it works fine. I was able to secure it to the local bulkhead with a couple of self-tapping screws in about an hour. It comes with an extra filter package which I will be installing this week. Problem solved. https://www.searussales.com/products/ma ... servicable

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » June 19th, 2018, 11:31 am

You can make your own filter that's the same as linked above with pvc fittings and activated charcoal for almost nothing
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”