Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3607 owners...where's your A/C pics?

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Re: 3607 owners...where's your A/C pics?

Postby buster53 » May 31st, 2018, 1:18 pm

Your 36 is only slightly bigger than my 356. I have 2 units. A 12k in the aft stateroom. It has 3 vents, one in the aft stateroom, one on the other side of the bulkhead in the main salon and one in the head.
My 16k unit only has 2 vents, one in the salon and one in the v-berth. That's all the cooling I need.

Topic author United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » May 31st, 2018, 7:21 pm

Just thought of something too:

My boat has always listed towards starboard. I usually keep about 15 gallons more in the port tank to balance it out.

If I put both A/C units in, they'd both be mounted on the far port side of the boat and would equal about what 15 gallons of gas would weigh. Perhaps Carver planned for those units to be installed when they calculated balance! :D

United States of America
MakinTime
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Carver 3607 MakinTIme
Glastron MX175 MakinTimeToo

Postby MakinTime » June 5th, 2018, 6:32 pm

Km I will get some pics this weekend. The past couple weeks have been crazy on the boat and haven’t had a chance to get anything done.

It does sound you struck a gold mine with all the accessories sweet deal!

United States of America
MakinTime
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Carver 3607 MakinTIme
Glastron MX175 MakinTimeToo

Postby MakinTime » June 5th, 2018, 6:36 pm

Oh and my still does list slightly starboard as well and I do the same thing, keeping more fuel in the port side tank. I can’t tell you how annoying the starboard list is, it seems all 3607’s I see do the same thing where did they go wrong?

km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » June 6th, 2018, 9:30 am

MakinTime wrote:Source of the post Oh and my still does list slightly starboard as well and I do the same thing, keeping more fuel in the port side tank. I can’t tell you how annoying the starboard list is, it seems all 3607’s I see do the same thing where did they go wrong?

Thinking about putting granite tops on my settee table and aft head countertops... but that's for another thread! ;)

km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » July 2nd, 2018, 5:34 pm

Still interested in any A/C installation pics on the 3607s. I temporarily rigged a 7k btu unit in the salon for the past weekend where we had ~95 degree temps, and it worked great. I just had a manual control on it, so it would get it pretty chilly before we had to turn it off, but it sucked GALLONS of water out of the air. I just had the condensate dumping into a bucket and had to keep emptying it.

I know the aft A/C unit mounts in the aft portside cabinetry, but I'm wondering what you have to do to access it. Do you need to unscrew all the screws for the cabinet top to get to the unit? How much space is above or below the unit when it is installed? I assume they built a smaller box inside the cabinet that the unit sit in, and the intake grill is cut in under the "makeup" table.. is that correct?

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”